Windows 10 stuck in airplane mode? You may have no idea why can’t turn off airplane mode on Windows 10, on the basis of many complaints about Windows 10 airplane mode on and off errors, the following contents would walk you through airplane mode Windows 10.
What is Airplane Mode Windows 10?
Now airplane mode enables you to turn off all the wireless network connections quickly, WIFI, cellular or Bluetooth. Normally, when you board an airplane, you need to use airplane mode, mobile device or not.
How to Turn off Airplane Mode on Windows 10?
Before you take steps to solve Windows 10 stuck in airplane mode, you need to make sure you have known well the ways to turn off airplane mode Windows 10.
1. Use Physical Toggle. There is switch disabling and enabling airplane mode on Windows 10.
2. Use Action Center. Usually, on the right bottom of the Desktop, action center notifications contain an option- Airplane mode.
3. Go to Start > Settings > Network and Internet > Airplane mode.
These are the quickest methods to enter airplane mode if you are able to follow one of them to disable airplane mode Windows 10, but your computer stuck on airplane mode all the time, keep moving on to fix this error.
Why Can’t I Turn Off Airplane Mode?
The reasons why Windows 10 airplane mode stuck lie in mainly two aspects. The one is network connections. It is natural that if the network, Ethernet or wireless, is not connected or not steady, airplane mode is keeping running on Windows 10.The other one is network adapter drivers. Once they are incompatible with Windows 10 or corrupted, once Windows 10 turned on airplane mode, it won’t turn off.
Furthermore, with deep search, some related settings would also cause airplane mode Windows 10 will not turn off.
How to Fix Windows 10 Stuck in Airplane Mode?
You can choose to solve this airplane mode issue on Windows 10 in several different but efficient ways in view of its causes.
Solution 1: Update the Network Adapter Driver
To make sure you have not used unsteady network connection that can lead to Windows 10 won’t turn off airplane mode, it is strongly recommended that you use a tool Driver Doctor to help you update the wireless network adapter.
1. Download and run Driver Doctor on your PC.
2. Hit Scan Now, Get Drivers, and Download All to finish updating drivers.
After you installed the latest network driver, you can enable airplane mode and then disable it again to see if Windows 10 stuck on airplane mode has been solved.
Solution 2: Check Power Management
You are to prove you have not mistakenly set some settings in network adapter properties. It can also be a cause of airplane mode not turning off on Windows 10.
1. Open Device Manager.
2. Expand Network adapters, right click the network adapter driver to get into its Properties.
3. Under Power Management, uncheck the box of Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. Then click OK to save changes.
No sooner you disabled the computer to turn off network connections in order to save power, the wireless network will not give rise to Windows 10 airplane mode keeps on.
Solution 3: Disable Unrelated Services
Sometimes, too many services running on your computer can cause conflict, thus making Windows 10 turn off airplane mode not available.
Providing your desktop, laptop remains in airplane mode without waking on Windows 10, it is accessible that you turn off some non-Microsoft services on your PC.
1. Type in System Configuration in Start search box and hit Enter to get in.
2. Under Services tab, check the box of Hide all Microsoft services and then click Disable all.
For the time being, you can check if Windows 10 airplane mode on and off errors has disappeared.
After that, you are capable of enabling the services if you wish.
Solution 4: Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter
In order to make sure nothing wrong with Windows system so as to result in unable to permanently disable airplane mode on Windows 10, take advantage of the inbuilt system troubleshooter.
1. Go to Control Panel.
2. In Control Panel, select System and Security. You would better View by Category.
3. Then navigate to System and Maintenance > Troubleshooting >System and Security > System Maintenance.
4. Tick the box of Apply repairs automatically and then hit Next to troubleshoot system files or maintain the system.
Here if you log on to Windows 10 without administrative privileges, click Run as administrator.
Maybe this tool can help you finish some maintenance, hence let airplane mode Windows 10 does not turn off away from you.
In a word, to show you how to turn off airplane mode on Windows 10 or help you fix airplane mode not turning off, this post can be useful.