When you want to open a video game or a browser, you may fail to do so and an error message tells you that application has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware. The problem may appear after you update to Windows 10. If you encounter this problem and have no idea about what to do, you can use the following three solutions to fix it.
Solution 1: Run System File Checker
Corrupted or damaged system files may be the reason for your problem, and you can run System File Checker to scan for this kind of system files and repair them.
1. Type cmd in the search box and right click on Command Prompt. Choose Run as administrator.
2. Type sfc /scannow and hit enter key.
3. After scanning process is completed, input the following command in Command Prompt and hit Enter after each of them.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
Reboot your computer after these commands are completed. Then check if the problem is solved.
Solution 2: Update Graphics Driver
An outdated or incompatible graphics driver is most probable cause. Updating your Graphics driver is the way to fix it. Here are three options you can choose to update the driver.
Option 1: Update Graphics Driver by Device Manager
This is a very common and simple way to update drivers, though it cannot always manage to detect the newest driver for you.
1. Right click the Start Menu and choose Device Manager.
2. Expand Display adapters. Right click your Graphics Driver and select Update driver software.
3. Then choose Search automatically for updated driver software.
Your computer will search and install the driver of new version for you if it detected one.
If it says “The best drivers for your devices are already installed“, you can use the other two options.
Option 2: Update Graphics Driver Manually
For this option, you need to navigate to your Graphics Driver’s manufacturer’s download center to download the latest version driver. Although this way is a little troublesome compared to the first option, you can get Graphics driver with better performance. Here are three websites where you can download Intel, AMD, NVIDIA Graphics drivers.
After downloading, double click the downloaded file and follow the installation wizard to install the driver.
Option 3: Update Graphics Driver Automatically
This way is to download and update driver using a tool, Driver Doctor. It is a professional tool that can help you scan for, download and install updated drivers and missing drivers.
1. Download and install Driver Doctor in your computer.
2. Run Driver Doctor and click Scan Now.
3. After scanning, choose Get Drivers.
4. Locate Graphics device in the list and click Download under its name. Then click Install after it is downloaded.
You can also click Download All to download all drivers listed above. And then install them all. Then you’ll get all drivers updated.
Check if updating Graphics driver helps.
Solution 3: Run Hardware and Device Troubleshooter
Hardware and Device troubleshooter is one of the built-in troubleshooters and it can detect and repair some problem on hardware and devices.
1. Navigate to Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot.
2. Select Hardware and Device. Then click on Run this troubleshooter.
3. Next, it will detect problem for you.
If there are any problems, it will remind you. You can choose Apply this fix to fix the problem.
Solution 4: Check your RAM and Graphics Card
In some cases, it is because your hardware like RAM and Graphics card has problems that you cannot fix the error that application has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware.
Check the RAM first. If RAM is faulty, you need to replace it. And if the RAM is fine, try to reseat the Graphics card.
The problem should be solved if you replaced the faulty RAM and installed the Graphics card properly.
In short, this particle’s main point is to tell you how to fix the problem that application has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware. Hope you can solve the problem successfully with the four solutions.