There are several errors about your graphic card such as the display driver stopped working and has recovered, or the display driver failed to start. All these two errors need uninstall the graphic driver and reinstall the graphic driver. So this article we talk about uninstall AMD, NVIDIA, and Intel graphic driver.
For uninstalling your NVIDIA, AMD and Intel graphic card driver completely, you need the free software: Display Driver Uninstaller. DDU is a professional graphic driver removal software that can help you completely uninstall AMD/NVIDIA graphic card drivers and packages from your system.
Using DDU to Uninstall AMD, NVIDIA Graphic Driver
You can download the DDU from here: Display Driver Uninstaller Download.
1. Install the DDU program. After download DDU, double click the program install it.
2. Run the program and choose Safe Mode (Recommend) from the launch option drop-down list and choose Reboot to Safe Mode. If you want to enter the safe mode to do other things, here is the solution: how to enter the safe mode on Windows 10.
You can also choose the normal mode, but it does not stable when uninstall the graphic driver.
3. After that, the computer will reboot to the safe mode automatically.
4. In safe mode, open the DDU. The graphic card has already detected, here is Intel graphic card. If DDU cannot recognize your graphic card, you can set it manually.
5. Click Clean and restart (Highly recommend), and the program runs to uninstall and clean the graphic driver, the Log will shows the uninstall process.
6. After the graphic driver uninstalling process finish completely, the computer will reboot the normal mode.
So the graphic card driver is uninstalled completely. And you will find the display adapter shows as Microsoft basic display adapter in device manager, this means your computer use the basic display driver. In other words is your graphic card driver is missing or error.
So you can download and update the graphic driver again.
Tips for DDU:
Here is another option you need to consider: Set Windows Device Installation settings to Defaults (automatically install drivers). This settings will help you install the default drivers when the computer reboot to normal mode.
Of course, DDU provide Driver Doctor to help you download and update Windows 10 graphic driver automatically.