There are several errors about your graphic card such as the display driver stopped working and has recovered, or the display driver failed to start. All these two errors need to uninstall the graphic driver and reinstall the graphic driver. So in this article we talk about uninstalling AMD, NVIDIA, and Intel graphic driver.
How to Uninstall NVIDIA Graphic Drivers on Windows 10, 8, 7?
As the best game model graphic card, if you want to update the new driver or replace the old graphic card with a new one, you should uninstall the NVIDIA driver at first. Beside using DDU as the NVIDIA Uninstaller, you can also follow the next steps to uninstall it.
1. Open Control Panel.
2. Choose Programs and Features.
3. In the Uninstall or change program window, find the NVIDIA 3D Vision Controller Driver, and then click Uninstall it uninstall it.
4. It will remind you to restart the computer. You can restart it after uninstalling the NVIDIA driver.
5. Follow the same steps to uninstall the NVIDIA 3D Vision Driver, NVIDIA Geforce Experience, NVIDIA HD Audio Driver one by one.
The different NVIDIA drivers have the different versions. And the NVIDIA PhysX System Software is not the NVIDIA driver, so you do not need to uninstall this item.
And when you uninstall the NVIDIA Drivers, there will be a prompt window reminding you if you want to delete all the nView files you had saved before. You can according your requirements to decide.
After your uninstalled the NVIDIA graphic drivers for your Windows 10, 8, 7, you can download and update the latest NVIDIA Drivers manually or automatically.
How to Uninstall AMD Drivers on Windows 10, 8, 7?
The AMD graphic card is also the mainstream graphic card type. There are also many people using it, for uninstalling the AMD graphic driver for Windows 10, 8 and 7, there are two ways you can do it.
You can go to the Control Panel > Programs and Features.
For Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, there is a program called AMD Software.
And In Windows 7, there will be the AMD Catalyst Install Manager.
You should uninstall the AMD Software or the AMD Catalyst Install Manager.
And then a prompt will remind you whether to uninstall the AMD Driver or not, click Yes.
After that, the AMD driver is uninstalled in your Windows system.
In this way, you can easily remove AMD drivers from your computer. Of course, AMD official site also provide an AMD Uninstaller called AMD Clean Uninstall Utility, you can also use this software to remove all the AMD graphic, audio, and software fast.
And after that, you can install new AMD driver manually or automatically.
How to Uninstall Intel Graphic Drivers on Windows 10, 8, 7?
When your intel graphic driver runs into a problem or the intel driver installation didn’t complete successfully, maybe you should uninstall it and then download the latest version to install it again.
Go to the Control Panel > Programs and Features to find the Intel Graphic Driver, sometimes it is the Intel Processor Graphic, right click it and then select the option of Uninstall.
You can also follow this way to remove Intel graphic driver.
1. Click Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features.
2. In apps and features, find the Intel processor graphic, click it to choose Uninstall.
It will remind you to restart the computer. So after you restart the computer, the Intel graphic driver is uninstalled.
After you follow above ways uninstalled the Intel graphic driver, you can install new Intel graphic driver manually or automatically.
Using DDU to Uninstall NVIDIA, AMD and Intel Graphic Driver Completely
For uninstalling your NVIDIA, AMD and Intel graphic card driver completely, you need the free software: Display Driver Uninstaller. DDU is a professional graphic driver removal software that can help you completely uninstall AMD/NVIDIA graphic card drivers and packages from your system.
You can download the DDU from here: Display Driver Uninstaller Download.
1. Install the DDU program. After downloading DDU, double click the program to install it.
2. Run the program and choose Safe Mode (Recommend) from the launch option drop-down list and choose Reboot to Safe Mode.
You can also choose the normal mode, but it does not stable when uninstalling the graphic driver.
3. After that, the computer will reboot to the safe mode automatically.
4. In safe mode, open the DDU. The graphic card has already detected, here is Intel graphic card. If DDU cannot recognize your graphic card, you can set it manually.
5. Click Clean and restart (Highly recommend), and the program runs to uninstall and clean the graphic driver, the Log will show down the uninstalling process.
6. After the graphic driver uninstalling process finished completely, the computer will reboot in the normal mode.
So the graphic card driver is uninstalled completely. And you will find the display adapter shows as Microsoft basic display adapter in device manager, this means your computer use the basic display driver. In other words, it means your graphic card driver is missing or error.
Tips for DDU:
Here is another option you need to consider: Set Windows Device Installation settings to Defaults (automatically install graphic drivers). This settings will help you install the default drivers when the computer reboot to normal mode.
Of course, DDU provides Driver Booster to help you download and update Windows 10 graphic driver automatically.