You may often ask the question that why my League of Legends won’t open on Windows 10. While, many reasons can cause League of Legends not opening on Windows 10, such as League of Legends client options.
Just like some users complain, when League of Legends launcher doesn’t open, they can do nothing but to find the League of legends.exe and re-launch it again to see if LOL won’t launch error disappeared.
3 Ways to Fix League of Legends Will Not Open Issue
In this thread, you would learn how to fix League of Legends not starting in effective ways.
Solution 1: Launch LeagueClient.exe to Open League of Legends
Sometimes, the file storing League of Legends can be mistaken, so you may as well manage to restart the League of Legends.exe file to see if the not launching League of Legends can be opened as usual.
As long as you download League of Legends on Windows 10, you are free to locate the file of it so as to solve League of Legends won’t open on Windows 10 after clicking Launch.
1. Search File explorer in Start search box and hit Enter to navigate to it.
2. In the File Explorer, go to Local disk C:\Riot games\League of Legends. Or you may installed it in other path.
3. Double click League of Legends to start it on Windows 10.
After that, you can check if League of Legends not working is fixed.
Solution 2: Change League of Legends Client Option
Amid the analysis above, you can know the LeagueClientOption is closely relevant to the League of Legends does not work on Windows 10. But if this option can be easily changed for League of Legends, Windows 10 cannot open League of Legends.
That is why when you run into League not launching on Windows 10.
Now get ready to change the settings for League and turn it back to work.
1. In File Explorer, find out the file in which League of Legends downloaded and installed.
2. Then go as League of legends file\RADS\System.
3. Navigate to the user.cfg file and open it in Notepad.
4. Transform LeagueClientOption=Yes to No.
5. Go back to start League of Legends one more time on Windows 10.
6. Return to LeagueClient files again and right click it to Delete it.
7. Double click lol.launcher.exe file to start it again for Windows 10.
Here once you noticed that the lol.launch.exe file makes no difference to solve LOL won’t launch on Windows 10, it is available to start the file lol.launcher.admin.exe to see if it can enable LOL to open and work.
Solution 3: Uninstall and Reinstall League of Legends
Unless the re-launching LOL failed to remove League of Legends not launching error from Windows 10, it is not compulsory for you to install a new LOL on your PC.
1. Go to Control Panel.
2. Choose to View by Category and locate Uninstall a program in Programs.
3. In Programs and Features window, scroll down to pinpoint League of Legends and right click it to Uninstall.
After you completely remove the League of Legends from your computer, search online for a new LOL program and install it on Windows 10.
With the new LOL, League of Legends Client not opening on Windows 10 can never occur to you, though you may also stumble in games stuttering with fps drops when launching LOL.
To make it brief, it seems that League of Legends doesn’t launch when you click the Launch button is rather complicated, but you can get the hang of how to repair League of Legends from the perspective of LegendClientOption and system errors, such as reset Windows 10.