When you install the Windows 10, the Microsoft Edge will also installed. It is the default browser for the new released operate system. And there are some basic settings you need to customize to make the browser be used easier.
How to Set Microsoft Edge as Default Browser?
In Windows 10, Microsoft Edge is the default browser. But sometimes it will changed, such as after you installed a new browser and set it as the default browser by clicking pops up default browser remind. So how to get the default browser back? How to reset the Microsoft Edge as the first browser?
1. Click Windows icon > Settings > Apps to enter application center.
2. Locate to Default apps. In Web browser option, choose Microsoft Edge.
So your default browser is set as Microsoft Edge again. After that, you can click one website address to test if this website is opened with Microsoft Edge.
How to Set a Blank Page for Microsoft Edge?
After resetting Microsoft Edge as the default browser, maybe you want to customize the new page. When you open Microsoft Edge, in the new tab, you will find many websites and other information in this page. So how to set it as a blank page or a homepage such as Bing search or Google search.
1. Open Microsoft Edge.
2. Click Settings in the New tab page. You can customize this page.
3. In customize settings, choose A blank page, and then click Save.
After that, your new tab will refresh again. And the new tab will shows blank, and there are only two links list.
These two links will help you return to the default page.
How to customize the Home Page for Microsoft Edge?
And if you do not want to use a blank page as the home page, you can customize it by next steps.
1. Click More > Settings. This will help open Microsoft Edge settings.
2. In Open Microsoft Edge page with option, choose the last item: Choose A specific page or pages.
3. Type the website such as https://www.bing.com and then click Save icon.
Now your Microsoft Edge homepage is set up. When you open the browser next time, the new tab will changes to Bing search page.