Occasionally, while you are downloading or updating Steam on Windows 10, this game just can’t be downloaded again on your PC.
You failed to download the Steam for Windows 10 all of a sudden, which means there is something wrong with the game or the system running on your computer.
Unfortunately, it is likely that you find it hard to get the Steam application re-downloaded again on Windows 10 or it keeps stopping downloading and starting.
Various reasons can be attributable to the Steam game error on Windows 10, from hardware to software, which is similar to games stuttering issue. Let’s get started to solve this Steam downloading stuck at 0% on Windows 10.
How to Fix Steam Download Stopping Windows 10
From what has been discussed above, now you need to cope with this Steam download stopping and starting on Windows 10 now and then, ranging from adjusting the network bandwidth to reinstalling the Steam software from your PC.
Nevertheless, before making things more complicated, wise as you are, you should try to close all the applications or the external devices used on your PC, for instance, plugging out USB device or exiting Chrome for a while to see if it can render Steam into normality.
Even if you find closing all the software or external devices is useless to fix Steam download error Windows 10, you can make minds to deal with this game error as soon as possible.
Solution 1: Change to Lower Steam Download Bandwidth
It is said that Steam download stopping Windows 10 can be one of the results of the network bandwidth.
So if you are unable to download Steam in the current bandwidth, why not go ahead to make an adjustment for the Steam application.
Now manage to choose a suitable speed for Windows 10 Steam.
1. Open the Steam Client and then choose Steam.
2. Then in Steam, on the left pane, select Downloads.
3. Then on the right pane, locate Limit bandwidth to and then choose a value from the drop-down list.
Upon you set a bandwidth data for downloading Steam, get ready to re-download or update Windows 10 Steam to check if you are now qualified to download Steam again.
Solution 2: Update the Network Driver on Windows 10
Since it is an issue closely related to the internet, the network driver is no exception. Therefore, when you found the Steam download stopped on Windows 10, you would better struggle to make sure your network driver is up-to-date and compatible with the system.
Only when the WIFI or Ethernet driver works normally can you download Steam as you wish.
1. Navigate to the Device Manager.
2. In Device Manager, expand Network adapters and then right click the network driver to Update driver.
3. Then choose to Search automatically for updated driver software.
On the point of updating your drivers for Windows 10, you can also determine to update Steam to check Steam downloading would be stuck again.
Solution 3: Make Windows 10 Date and Time Synchronized
For some default settings, it is said that Steam game will sense the date and time error when you would like to run it on Windows 10.
Chances are that you have not synchronized the time and date with the internet on Windows 10, thus resulting in Steam download stopping and starting.
It will be a boon for you if you can try to change the time and date settings for your PC.
1. Type in date and time in the Search box and then hit Enter to open Change the date and time settings.
2. Then under Date & time, click the Additional date, time, & regional settings.
3. Then choose Set the time and date.
4. Then under the Internet time tab, decide to Change settings.
5. In Internet Time Settings, tick the box of Synchronize with an internet time server and then hit OK.
After that, you would be able to get started to download Steam for Windows 10.
Solution 4: Enable the .NET Framework on Windows 10
It is known to all game users that some of the Windows 10 programs require the .NET Framework so as to run properly.
In this sense, it is recommended that you begin to activate the .NET framework for Windows 10.
If you can follow earnestly the steps below, you will find it rather foolproof.
1. Input Turn Windows features on or off and then press Enter to move on.
2. Then in Windows Features window, expand .NET Framework 3.5 and then check the box of the sub-folders.
Once you chose to enable all the .NET framework options on Windows 10, obviously, Steam can be downloaded and updated on Windows 10 without encountering any error.
Solution 5: Disable CDPUserSvc_3e1f2 Service
There is another option open to you in hope of fixing the Steam download stopped for Windows 10. It is to kill the process of CDPUserSvc_3e1f2 process.
This service can to some degree lead to your Steam download stuck or not downloading. Now you can try to start to finish this task.
1. Press Windows + R to open the Run box and then enter services.msc in the box. Then hit OK to go to Services window.
2. Then in Services window, scroll down to find out CDPUserSvc_3e1f2 process and then right click it to enter its Properties.
3. Then in Properties window, locate the Startup type and then choose to make it Disabled.
4. Hit Apply and OK to save changes.
Tiresome as you may be, now you can set about downloading the Steam application on Windows 10 and installing it if possible.
In a word, in terms of the Steam download stopped or Steam downloading is stuck at 0% on Windows 10, apart from the solutions above, you can also resort to some other ways. For instance, disable Windows Defender or try to uninstall the Steam application from Control Panel Programs and Features.