As one of the problems of BSOD, System Service Exception stop error is related to ks.sys on Windows 10. It would be annoying if you meet with this trouble when you are playing games or working.
What is the System Service Exception?
As a kind of Blue Screen of Death, System Service Exception is familiar to you for its bug check error code 0x0000003B.
If this BSOD error occurs to you, it denotes that there are some problems with your Windows 10. Since your PC system cannot proceed with one of the most important processes.
Why is the System Service Exception error on Windows 10?
Like most BSOD errors, the System Service Exception problem is due to Windows malfunction or outdated or corrupted drivers.
However, particularly, this System Service Exception issue means that when system process transmits non-privileged codes to privileged ones, some incompatible things stop it from doing so on Windows 10.
In this process, the corrupted file or outdated drivers or some antivirus software are to blame, for the drivers are passing bad data to kernel code, especially graphics driver.
How to fix this System Service Exception BSOD issue?
In this post, you would learn exactly how to solve this System service Exception BSOD problem with regard to make the files, drivers and software are compatible with Windows 10.
Tips: Before you take measures, you should know if you are able to boot correctly if not, you are to enter safe mode and then perform the following solutions. If you can, just go ahead.
Solution 1: Run Windows Check Disk
In view of the analysis, maybe the problem lies in the hard drive. So at first, you are supposed to check if there are any corrupted filed that can be a result of System Service Exception Stop error on Windows 10.
1. Hit Windows + R to open the Run box.
2. Input cmd in the box and click OK.
3. Type in the command chkdsk /f /r in Command Prompt. And press Enter to execute this command.
Here you should make sure you are entering the Command Prompt as Administrator.
4. Restart your PC. When Windows 10 has finished checking the corrupted files, reboot your PC to take effect.
When you log on to Windows 10 again, you can see if the disk check works to fix the BSOD system service exception error.
Solution 2: Perform System File Checker
Once the disk checking failed to solve this BSOD problem for you, go a further step to figure out what on earth that make your computer stuck in System Service Exception. To make sure there are not any incompatible files causing this trouble, why not run the System File Checker (SFC)?
1. Click the Start button and search Command Prompt.
2. Right click the best-matched result to Run as administrator.
3. In Command Prompt, Enter SFC/ scannow and press Enter.
4. Windows 10 will not only scan your PC but also replace the corrupted or damaged files with the correct Microsoft version for Windows 10.
In this way, Windows 10 would no longer meet the System Service Exception BSOD issue and you are to enjoy yourself in it.
Solution 3: Update Drivers
Now it is time for you to make sure the drivers on Windows 10 are the most up-to-date so as not to lead to the System Service Exception BSOD issue.
If you have encountered this error when you are playing computer games or watching videos, you can navigate to the manufacturer’s website to download the updated drivers, such as graphics card or video drivers. Or you can go to device manager to update these drivers.
2. Expand Display adapters and right click the Graphics card driver to Update driver.
You can also choose to update Intel or AMD drivers with the same way in device manager to see if it works to make the system service exception issue disappear from Windows 10.
3. Click Search automatically for the updated driver software.
After that, Windows 10 would search online automatically to help you download or update the latest drivers.
Nevertheless, for many cases, Windows 10 is unable to update the graphics or video drivers. In case there are any problematic drivers resulting in this BSOD problem, you would better take advantage of Driver Doctor to update all the drivers. Under this circumstance, the System Service Exception BSOD problem can be fixed with the newest and compatible drivers for Windows 10.
1. Download and install Driver Doctor on Windows 10.
2. Hit Scan Now to allow Driver Doctor to search your PC for all the drivers which can be updated.
3. Click Get Drivers. Driver Doctor will show you which drivers are corrupted or outdated.
4. Click Download All. At once, you can get all the up-to-date drivers with Driver Doctor, including display adapter drivers and video drivers.
As long as you have updated all the drivers for Windows 10, may your System Service Exception error disappeared. Now maybe the system is capable of transferring the code smoothly.
Solution 4: Uninstall Antivirus software
Apart from some corrupted files and drivers, the BSOD issue, such as System Service Exception, can also result from some software or programs with viruses. It is said that once you have downloaded and installed third-party software, your computer goes into BSOD error on Windows 10. Therefore, struggle to remove or uninstall the software, such as BitDefender, McAfee and Virtual Clone Drive.
2. Under Programs, click Uninstall a program. You should View by Category.
3. In Programs and Features window, find out and right click the software or program that you want to Uninstall.
4. Reboot your computer to check if your PC BSOD persists on Windows 10.
At this moment, the antivirus software will no longer be the cause of your System Service Exception error on Windows 10. But to ensure the safety of your PC, you can enable Windows Defender if without antivirus software.
Solution 5: Run BSOD Troubleshooter
Windows prepared a built-in troubleshooting tool for BSOD, hence when the methods above are unable to fix the BSOD related to ks.sys issue on Windows 10, make the best use of this troubleshooter.
Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security> Troubleshoot> Blue Screen> Run the troubleshooter.
It will take some time for Windows 10 to troubleshoot this BSOD problem. If possible, the System Service Exception issue can be handled automatically. If not, you are supposed to refer to more ways.
Solution 6: Use Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
To check if there is some problem with Windows memory, such as high memory usage, you may as well take advantage of the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool for Windows 10. It is possible that when there are no memory problems, the System Service Exception BSOD can also be solved.
1. Click Start and search Windows Memory Diagnostic in the search box.
Here you should make sure you are entering this tool as administrator.
2. Click Restart now and check for problems. Before restarting, you would better save your work and close all the programs.
At the time when your PC login in, the BSOD with System Service Exception would be fixed and you can play games and watch movies as you like.
All in all, Windows BSOD issues, like System Service Exception, are extremely common for users. To assist you in solving this Windows problem, this article introduced various concert ways towards driver, memory, software and file incompatibility on Windows 10.