When your Ricoh Printer Driver has a new version, though it can still be used, it would be more convenient to update it to the new one. As to how to download and update Ricoh Printer Drivers, here you can get two methods to manage it and some detailed operations.
Method 1: Download and update Ricoh Printer Driver manually
This way is about how to download a new version Ricoh Printer Driver in its official website.
1. Go to Ricoh’s Universal Print Driver page.
2. Then it will detect your computer’s OS automatically.
3. Below it, you can select your driver language in the select box.
4. Next, there is a list of the newest version of Ricoh Printer Drivers among which you choose the one you’d like to update to. Take PCL6 V4 Driver for example. Select it from the list and then click Download.
5. After downloading it, follow the instructions to install the new version.
All these above are about the first way to download and update Ricoh Printer Driver. After you finished these steps, you can use the new version drivers.
Method 2: Download and Update Ricoh Printer Driver through Driver DR
In this way, you need to download Driver DR, which is a professional driver download utility tool that can help you download and update device drivers, in advance and install it in your computer. The next is detailed steps.
1. Run Driver DR and click Scan Now.
2. After it finished scanning, it will tell you how many devices have new drivers and then you can click Get Drivers to get drivers of new version.
3. You will see a list of devices need new drivers. Next, you can choose the corresponding Ricoh Printer Device and click Download.
4. After it is downloaded, click Install and after a while it will be installed.
Once these steps are completed, you have updated the Ricoh Driver. If you think it is too troublesome to download these new version’s drivers one by one, you can click Download All button in the bottom of the window. And then install them. It may save time for you.
Outdated Ricoh drivers will slow down the performance of your Ricoh device or even make your device breakdown. So it is recommended to download and update your Ricoh drivers regularly. These two ways talked above both are simple and you can choose according to your preference.