For some people, sometimes, when you hit the sound icon, there is an audio issue that says the audio service is not running. Windows 10 on your PC has no sound at all.
But for other users, you can even encounter audio service is not running but I have sound.
Here with regard to your Windows 10 audio service problem, you can either choose to check the audio service and make changes to it or update your audio driver to the latest version.
While in the first place, you may as well decide to run the troubleshooter for audio so as to solve audio service isn’t running.
Solution 1: Play Audio Troubleshooter
You can make the best use of the built-in audio troubleshooter to fix Windows audio service stopping error on Windows 10.
Maybe it can help you figure out what causes your out of work audio service.
1. Navigate to Start > Settings > Update & Security.
2. Then under Troubleshoot, find out Playing Audio and then hit Run the troubleshooter.
3. Windows 10 audio troubleshooter will be searching for the problems with your audio service.
It is likely that the audio troubleshooter will tell you that there is something went wrong the Windows audio service, the most common one being this service is not starting on your PC.
Now you would better get ready to restart the audio service.
Solution 2: Restart Windows Audio Service
If you are told that Windows 10 audio service has not been enabled, it is high time you booted this service at this moment.
It is said that this way can be helpful for audio service not running Windows 10 in light of the comments from many users.
1. Press Windows + R to open the Run box and then input services.msc in the box.
Finally, click OK to go to the Services window.
2. Then in Services window, locate the service Windows Audio and right click it to navigate to its Properties.
3. In Windows Audio Properties window, under the General tab, find out Startup type and then set it as Automatic.
Once you clicked Apply and OK, you can see the changes you have made are saved.
This time Windows audio service would be enabled and the audio service is not running Windows 10 will also be fixed.
Solution 3: Update the Audio Driver
The third method you can turn to is to download the up-to-date audio driver for your PC in hope of solving the audio service not enabled error on Windows 10.
You can choose to get the audio driver updated from the official site of the audio device or in Device Manager.
Here for your reference, update the audio driver in Device Manager.
1. Open Device Manager.
2. Expand Sound, video, and game controllers and then right click the audio driver to Update driver.
Here the audio driver is Intel ® Display Audio.
3. Then Search automatically for updated driver software.
Windows 10 Device Manager will scan automatically for the latest audio driver and install it on your computer.
Then you might as well choose to hover over the sound icon to check if the audio service is not running has been resolved.
In a word, ranging from audio service to audio driver, hope these ways can do their part for you to solve Windows could not start the Windows audio service issue on Windows 10.